Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yellow Belt Test

A-chan took her test for Yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do this past saturday. I think I was more nervous about it than she was. She'd been practicing for about two weeks and had gotten the form down pat. But I was nervous about video taping the test, much more nervous than she was.

I spent so much time concentration on trying to figure out the bleeping camera that I didn't really get to watch the test. And I still didn't get the video, so I completely failed. It made me feel horrible. Watching her take her first test was so important and I suck so much at the whole camera thing that we can't even watch it on video. I spent the rest of the test trying not to cry, feeling like I had utterly failed her.

She was very happy about all of it, and she feels that she did well which is great! We won't find out the results for a week so we have to be patient which is hard. They give out three medals at each test, for attendance, perseverance and courtesy. A-chan was awarded the perseverance medal! It's sooo cool and she's super proud of it. I think maybe she understands that it was because of her hard work in class to balance and jump and learn the form, not something just for the test.

I can't wait to find out the results of her test. And next test I'm not even taking the bloody camera.

No comments: