Monday, June 30, 2008

Curiosity Killed the Nap

"Mata, I'm curious about something."

"What is it, sweetie?"

"I'm curious about staying up and playing before it gets dark."

the above is an actual conversation that was begun as we sat down to lunch, luncheon being the traditional precursor to naptime in our household. It got to be a ritual in the last month or so where naptime negotiations would begin before a single bite would be taken. So we finally just gave in and have stopped the napping.

The first week without naps was rather taxing and I think we were all pretty darn cranky by the end of the day. The second week is definately going better. There are pros and cons of the non-napping. It's been noticed that I get a lot more done during the day when I don't have to stop for a two hour quiet session. It's also been noted that I no longer get naps either. But A-chan eats lunch a LOT better these days. She also sleeps easier and deeper at night. All in all I think it's working for us after that first period of adjustment. We'll see how it works long term.

No comments: