Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Fairy House

If you've ever seen the Haba furniture with the fairy flower tent, etc. then you've seen my dream image of a playset for my girl. Except that it's really expensive and I keep telling myself that I can make one myself. I kept telling myself that for a while but A-chan saw a drawn plan for one and insisted on having one right away. No time like the present! It's not very fancy and it's pretty much still held together with safety pins ( I wanted to make sure she really liked it before spending a whole lot of sewing time on it) but it's made.

She loves it, the cats love it, I love it. We're actually pretty amazed that the cats don't attack it as it moves in the breeze from the ceiling fans. But they seem to get a kick out of sitting in the middle and looking out through the shifting fabric. The only thing that is disappointing about it to A-chan is the fact that it's kid sized and I can't fit into it to play in there with her. I think she will feel differently once she has a chance to play with some friends in it.

No comments: