Sunday, June 14, 2009

Getting Ready

Tomorrow is the first day of a miniature summer camp for A-chan. A pottery studio is doing weekly themed camps for kids her age. It's not exactly what I'd wanted for a summer camp for her, but I waited too long to look into all of it and the ones I'd really wanted were already full. I had no clue that summer camps started before summer did! Seriously, they start in May. Anyway...when I found this one I jumped on it. I think that she will enjoy it, but I still feel very guilty and like a bad parent for not having gotten her into others.

I think we're both a little nervous about it. This will be the first time that she's been away from me for more than a couple of hours. And the very first time she's been 'babysat' by someone other than very close friends. While I know that she'll be fine, I've still got the butterflies going wild in my stomach. I think overall that I'm nervous that she won't like it for some reason.

We did the first part of the summer reading program at the library today - A-chan got to write her name on a tag and staple it on the 10 books wall. Then we gathered a huge stack of books to bring home and promptly read 5 of them. My mom was amazed that A-chan read her a Charlie and Lola book with an English accent. I have to admit that the accent is incredibly cute!!

One other note from todays' adventures: My girl is just like me and doesn't really care about shoes. Getting her to pick a pair of shoes at the store was almost impossible, she just didn't care. However, never underestimate her love of Moe's burritos.

No comments: