Saturday, June 13, 2009

To Be a Knight

A-chan wants to be a knight. That's her costuming choice for DragonCon this year. So when I mentioned that we would be going to see knights swordfighting today, she was just ecstatic. Got a little upset when I told her that she was too young to join in though. We went to the Regional Fighter Practice for the local SCA groups today. It was fun! She loved it and wants to know when we can do it again. Youth combat starts at age 7 and she still seemed excited about it even though she has to wait 2.5 years. But after seeing all the people in garb today she decided that she wouldn't mind dressing up "like a princess" sometimes too.

I had a great time. We met lots of new and wonderful people who were very nice! And it was awesome just to sit under a pavilion and watch everything. Although I got pretty badly sunburned, A-chan just got a tiny bit pink. I took sunscreen with us. I always do take sunscreen. It's just that I've never gotten good at actually using the stuff. Luckily it doesn't seem to matter for her, just for me.

On the drive home she sang along to "Here come the ABC's" by They Might Be Giants. It was soooo cute. And then she asked if we could play checkers when we got home. It was a tough game, but I won by two pieces. We tied on tic tac toe.

No comments: