Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Day with Friends

Not too much to say tonight cause I'm exhausted. We went to "the city" today to visit with some friends who have 3 little girls about A-chan's age; M,F and E. They were very patient with us and took us to JumpZone and ToysRus and dinner, nevermind the fact that we totally derailed their daily schedule and didn't let their girls get a nap.

Whenever we spend any time with them I always get inspired to be a better parent. They are quite simply the penultimate parents in my opinion. I always wonder where they get the patience, the energy, the endurance to deal with three toddlers all the time while I can just barely deal with my one! It's simply amazing to watch them. And I don't think I've ever seen them get angry. Not once. I want to be just like them.

A-chan had a great time (and so did we) and played and giggled and played like she never gets to at home. That's one of the problems with stay at home parents like us - she very rarely gets to see other kids. I think perhaps most stay at home parents get out a bit more than we do. Usually once a week we leave the house. For groceries. Occassionally, like this week, we leave the house multiple times but it's a novelty and we try not to let it happen too often.

JumpZone was fantastic. It took her a while to get okay with the noise and the other kids and the new place, but once she figured out how much fun it could be she didn't want to leave. Ketu had the honor of taking her on all the playscapes, and thank goodness that his utilikilt has the modesty snap!!!

No comments: