Friday, November 17, 2006

Inspiration

I've been playing around with my blog about our 17 cats for a few months. And looking at other blogs here and there related to my bento obsession. Then I found a blog that inspired me to create this blog. www.thelotuslife.net Why did her blog inspire me so much? I'm not exactly sure. But looking at the pictures of her children and of the lunches that she makes for them...I realized that I was letting so much of life with my daughter slip past. That I haven't been making an effort to cherish each day the way that I should be, the way that I want to. The realization that we mainly take pictures of her only on special occasions and not just everyday-having-fun pictures came as a shock. Where are the pictures of her just being my wonderful little girl?? So I've decided to change my ways and start cherishing each day and this blog is the start of it.

Like today - she thoroughly enjoyed her lunch. Baby tomatoes first, then pickles, then blueberries (she has to tell me the size of each blueberry before she eats it...). Next came tomato soup, but she put her noodles into the soup first. What a mess!! But she had fun and that's what counts. It seems so ordinary, so I don't really tend to take note of how she eats. However, it's the details that make things special and I want to try to remember them. Hopefully soon I will figure out how to put up pictures!

No comments: