Monday, January 7, 2008

Bribery

Tonight was the monumental setting of a Bad Precedent. Indeed, we willingly and knowingly bribed our daughter to eat at a restaurant with the promise of cake. *sigh* We are such bad parents. But...it was late. And I was tired and didn't want to cook. And we'd already driven way out there. And, and, and...

I have to admit that I really got a kick out of being a vegetarian parent as we sat at the restaurant tonight. Even after having bribed A-chan with cake. Cause parents across the aisle were trying every trick in the book to get their children to eat some veggies. But my little girl had zucchini and squash and black beans and was happy about it! I will, in fact, be very smug (imagine the smug parent grin on my face...) because my little girl likes broccoli. Not only likes it, but asks for it on her own. Ahh, what a lovely feeling. She is still suspicious of spinach and asparagus, though.

No comments: