Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Kiki


Here is a pic of A-chan playing Kiki from "Kiki's Delivery Service". She doesn't playact Kiki as often as she does Totoro, but when she does it's adorable. Especially when she quotes the "fat, fat, FAT" scene. I'm not sure if she actually knows what fat means. I've tried to explain it to her in terms of the cats - who is fat and who is skinny - but I didn't think it clicked. Is it wrong to worry about her self-image and body-image this early? I don't want her to be obsessed with her weight, etc. Am I being too paranoid?

Edit 01-05-06

We believe that we have proof that A-chan does indeed know the meaning of the word fat. Yesterday she went and put a huge ball in her basketball net and when it wouldn't fit through she commented, "purple ball fat". Later on in the day she found my stuffed faerie cat who admittedly is a bit portly and named him, "fat cat". So I guess we can start worrying now :)

No comments: