Monday, April 9, 2007

Frozen Spring

It had been promising to be a beautiful and wonderful late spring with flowers and trees in full bloom as far as the eye could see and then Mother Nature blasted us with freezing temperatures. Because most of A-chan's wintery clothes were already out of circulation after weeks of 80-90 degree weather, when the 30s and 40s hit it was grab what I could mode before we ran out the door. And so it was that nothing she wore that day matched!


We had fun, though, as we visited with Grandma, Grandpa and the doggies. Poor G&G though, when I asked A-chan who she was excited about seeing the most she said the doggies. Ahh, the honesty of little children :)


My big oops of the day involved forgetting A-chan's drink cup at home. She didn't have anything to drink with our lunch and I only noticed it when her diaper was still dry after a meal...*sigh* I couldn't believe that I'd completely forgotten! She did very very well at drinking out of a big cup for the first time and has now gotten very vocal about it if I forget to get her a cup at a meal.


One of the big attractions at G&G's house are the metal animals on the back deck which A-chan likes to feed Nandina berries. There is a fish hanging up high, a frog, a rooster and a dog. I'm pretty surprised that she isn't afraid of them seeing as how she's scared of many other inanimate objects like that. Feeding them berries was a lot of fun.

It's horribly depressing to look out at the yard after the freeze. Everything is wilted and brown where just a few days ago it was lovely and colorful and vibrant. I'm glad that A-chan still had so much fun.

No comments: