Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fractions of Lemonade

First thing this morning we made Lemonade ala the recipe from A-chan's Highlights High Five magazine. It was fun, it was messy and it has lots of sugar. She's been drinking it all day. But that's okay cause it's a special one-time deal that we made together. I'm sure that she won't ask for it again, right?

She's been learning about fractions the last couple of days so I took the opportunity to do more fraction fun while making lemonade. The measuring cups were fascinating to her now that they had a meaning to them. We counted the 4th cups together with both the liquid measure and the dry measure.

I'm hoping very much that she won't struggle with math as much as I do. I don't want her to be a super math genius or anything, but I don't want her to be afraid of math.

No comments: