Sunday, June 24, 2007

5 Cookies

I'm already obsessing/preparing for DragonCon and starting to put together a grocery list. So this evening as we ate dinner I asked A-chan what she would like to eat at DC. Her first choice was, "I want to eat breakfast at DragonCon. With oatmeal and banana and punch, okay?" This is her standard eat it every day breakfast. So I decided to elaborate a bit and asked if she wanted any cookies at DC. "Yes! I want five cookies!" was her reply. I tried to get a more specific answer by asking if she wanted cookies with chocolate in them. "chocolate can be good, but I want five cookies." Ketu asked if she wanted "m's" on her cookies (that's what we say when we mean m&ms which are one of her fav candies that she gets on special occassions). A-chan said yes, but repeated the five cookies statement.



So I'm going to come up with a brand new cookie just for DragonCon: the Five Cookie! The choices seem endless. Should it be a cookie with 5 m's on it? Should it be a cookie with m's in the shape of a 5? Should the cookie itself be in the shape of a 5? Or the ultimate - 5 miniature cookies with icing in between each and m's on top. What about a cookie with 5 different types of chocolate in it? Are there 5 different types of chocolate? (let's see...milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate...m&ms...I think I'm stuck.)



Anybody have any suggestions? Please? :D



I can't wait until she's just a little bit older and she can make cookies with me! She already helps with our meals a lot of the time, stirring things and putting in ingredients and that sort of thing. We've already started running into the world of arbitrary adult nonsensical rules. (yes, you can lick the spoon when we're in the kitchen. no, you can't lick the spoon when we're at the dinner table.) Here is a good picture of her helping me cook. Ketu gives this picture the title "Is this butter I see before me?"

Making cookies together is kind of the stereotypical best of home and hearth thing for mothers and daughters, I think. It has such wonderful warm and loving feelings attached. It's going to be so much fun!!

No comments: