Friday, June 1, 2007

In a Daze






Going to the Renaissance Festival with a group that includes 4 toddlers and getting back out again alive is more difficult than I had anticipated. I learned a lot of lessons putting a large group of friends together for the trip, not least of which is that I'm not good at that sort of thing.






Even more important: don't buy one child an umbrella when the other 3 cannot have one. I had no idea that getting A-chan a little sunshade umbrella would cause so much friction! If I had, we definately would have skipped the purchase. It was on my list of things to accomplish with this trip, though, because she had been asking for one a whole bunch lately. (Her purple dragon umbrella from Thailand was getting beaten up a bit and so is taking an extended rest break at the top of a bookshelf.) It was okay for a while as the girls shared it around, but once they started getting more tired and hot it went way far downhill. I felt really horrible about it, especially because I was just clueless about how it would affect the group as a whole before I bought it. Ah well. I will know next time!






But the big swinging boats were the apple of A-chan's eye. She got to ride in one twice in one day! She is still talking about it a week hence, saying who went on the boat swing with her and how high it went and how fast it went and how happy she likes to swing on the boat. I must say that the rides were also a highlight of my day, providing the best air conditioning in the whole festival. My true fav part of ren fest, however, is the silk skirt merchant! I'm sure that A-chan will agree in a few years :D






Here are some lovely pictures of her in a complete daze after the second boat swing ride...



No comments: