Saturday, October 6, 2007

Family Friendly Flights Bill

I saw an article recently about how some people are attempting to get a law passed to make airlines show only kid-friendly films in flight. It was interesting, I'd never thought about it before. There was even some discussion on making a 'family class' seating area on airplanes.



I'm not sure yet what I think of either idea. There are certainly some films that will be shown on the flights that I don't want A-chan to see. But then again, I can't say it's fair to make all the other passengers only see Disney films either. (And of course, most Disney films I wouldn't want A-chan to see either, but they are better than some other films.) The best solution in my opinion is personal entertainment options that each passenger can choose that won't bother the rest of the people on board.




Family class seating is a neat idea. Except that having so many kids in one area might not be happy either. Say, a couple traveling with a 6 month old baby who isn't able to sleep because the other kids make noise nearby. Or the 5 year old with 'just a cough' who is able to give colds/flu to all the other children. Not that these things aren't happening anyway, of course.




Ahh, well. It will be interesting to see what happens, won't it?

No comments: