Sunday, October 28, 2007

We're going on a trip!

We leave for India tomorrow. A-chan is really excited about it and has been telling every person she sees about our trip for several days now. Hopefully we've prepared her well enough for the journey - she's been educated on airports and airplanes, learned a little bit of Gujarati, loves Indian food and likes to see pictures of where we're going. I'm a little worried about everything because that's what I do - worry! But I'm also soooooo excited. I'm happy to be going back to Gujarat. I"m really happy to take A-chan with us.

Of course, I'm terrified of airplanes. Or rather, flying in them. And I haven't been able to express that fear this time out at all. I'm also terrified that A-chan would catch onto my anxiety and then the flight would become fearful for her as well. So the crying and gibbering and crushing fear that I have displayed in the past this close to an impending flight has been rigidly held back. I feel a little strange about that. My little girl is the inspiration for strength that I am sorely lacking on my own. I know it's strange that I love to travel when I'm incredibly afraid of flying, but the being there makes up for it. I just really don't want A-chan to have any glimmer of that fear.

So here we go, off for adventure, back in 18 days! With luggage a little bit less in weight and size than we took to Thailand, though 3.75 of our 5 bags is stuff for A-chan...

No comments: